It’s only a few days before the holidays, are you done with your Christmas shopping? Pet parents are surely wondering what could be a nice gift for the dogs. What is on your list? Amidst the suggestions you might have encountered on Google, have you considered baking a cake for your beloved dogs instead? Now, that is something your dogs will really appreciate.
The owners of Pâtisse-Rhie graciously shared an easy cake recipe for the dogs to enjoy, have fun baking!
For the cake
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
¼ cup vegetable/canola Oil
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup whole wheat Oats or rolled oats
1 cup shredded carrots
1 1/2 cup (OR MORE! Says your furkids) natural peanut butter
Dog Treats that you can use to decorate the cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray with a non-stick vegetable spray an 8″ round cake pan.
2. Whisk the flour and baking soda together. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. You can use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon in mixing. Pour batter into pan.
3. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick/wooden skewer inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Cool the cake on wire racks for 20 minutes then loosen edges with a small palette knife (just to make sure that the cake does not stick on the sides of the pan) and gently invert onto racks until completely cool.
5. Frost the cake. Dollop about 1 cup of peanut butter onto the center of the top of the cake. Using the icing spatula, spread the peanut butter out towards the edges of the cake. Smooth the center (it doesn’t have to be perfect). You can also frost the sides of the cake if you want to (I’m sure your furkids would want you too!).
6. Decorate the cake with dog treats that you can find in your trusted pet shops.
7. Let your furkids enjoy!
*You can use a muffin/cupcake pan in baking instead of cake pans.
*If you can’t find Natural Peanut Butter, you can substitute it with Unsweetened Peanut Butter.
*Dipping the spatula in warm water will help smoothen the icing more easily.
*It is best to use a cake turntable in icing or decorating cakes.
For more information about the recipe or if you would like to order cakes for you and your dogs to enjoy, you may contact: